I have more than eight years of experience as a qualified HPD and DHP hypnotherapist. These ‘gold standard’ qualifications were achieved at the respected Clifton Practice in Bristol, which is a recognised centre of excellence in the field.
I am a registered member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) and am bound by their code of practice.
I maintain full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance and have an up to date DBS certificate.
My background of two years’ military service and working in the corporate world as a Chartered Accountant for 20 years and as MD and FD of various companies gives me first-hand experience of the pressures and issues we face every day.
This led to my passion to help people use techniques in their lives, to achieve their aims calmly and to live happier lives.
I am proud that word of mouth and results led to local schools contracting my services to help young people learn these skills early in life.
What is Solution focused hypnotherapy?
An opportunity to refocus your mind on how you would like to be, getting perspective and balance back into your life. The aim is to restore yourself to being happy, confident and motivated.
By being relaxed and calm, you will achieve a positive frame of mind, allowing your intellectual brain to take control, restoring the real you; positive, problem solving, coping, managing and most importantly, happy.
- With Solution Focused Brief Hypnotherapy, beneficial results are often achieved faster than with other talking therapies.
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a psychotherapeutic intervention that helps people overcome past difficulties and move forward with their life. I will be working with you to help you achieve your own personal goals. Each program of therapy varies according to each clients needs.
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy uses practical, modern and well researched strategies to help people make significant, positive changes in their lives. Together, we will discuss what you want to achieve, rather than focus on the problem(s) that prompted you to seek change.
- The approach focuses on the present and future and not on the past. I will ask you to imagine your preferred future. What would be better if the problem had improved? What would have changed? This enables you to use the power of your own subconscious mind to find solutions, which become more apparent and easy to worked towards achieving safely.
- The therapy also draws on areas of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and modern neurological research. By using a variety of approaches, sessions can be tailored to suit each individual client.
Who will Benefit?
You do not need to have acute problems to benefit. The benefits of reframing your life bring confidence and self-respect into focus which in turn will relax you, improve the quality of your life and help you sleep well.
Children can face exams with confidence, interact positively. Parents will improve their ability to cope, be assertive, give time and support to their families.
When we are relaxed and calm we can be solution focused and positive. With good sleep patterns restored you can regain control of your life.
I work with a client’s own desire, determination and commitment to achieve the results that they want to achieve. This helps them along the path that they want to go on.
Choosing a Therapist
Around one in five people in the UK have used some form of complementary therapy or treatment. All the evidence shows a massive rise in public interest in, and use of, alternative treatments.
However, there has previously been no one central source of information for a member of the public to check if the complementary healthcare practitioner that they are thinking of using meets professional standards of safety and competence.
The Government set up the Complementary and Natural healthcare council (CNCH) to regulate the different therapies and in December 2010, Hypnotherapy was added to this register. This means that a certain set level of training, understanding and competence has to be met.
I am a member of the CNCH which means that I all have up to date insurance, DBS certificate and adhere to strict ethical codes of practice.
CNCH therapists receive the highest level of training in their field and continue to keep up-to-date with latest research by participating in regular supervision sessions.
The Health Education Authority has said, “Research shows that there is more scientific evidence for Hypnotherapy than any other Complementary Therapy… by using hypnosis, people can perform prodigious feats of will-power and self-healing”.